Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lorenzo Booker says he is unproven

Fair or not, the tag on Booker is that he falls to the turf if a defender happens to breathe on him too heavily — a bum rap, he said.

“I’m not going to be like Eddie George and break eight tackles,” said Booker, who turns 25 on Sunday. “I’m going to break some, but I’m not going to move the pile four yards. That’s not my style of play. ... I don’t expect people to know that because everything I do is during training camp. They wouldn’t know. How can I be mad at people who don’t know?

-Lorenzo Booker

I don't believe that Booker is unproven. This is the same Booker we saw last year during preseason and the regular season. He ran the ball 42 times, and had averages of 3.9 and 2.6 yards/carry in the pre season and regular season respectively. Last year during training camp he was repeatedly touted as a back who could both run AND receive, much like Westbrook. His preseason reception average was 5.6 but when it mattered, when working with the REAL defensive tackle's and linebackers, he averaged 1.8 yards on 11 attempts. If Booker does not really show up in training camp, I expect him to be cut and a back like Kyle Eckel to make it to the 53 man roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment